Saturday, July 18, 2009

I'm going to a permaculture seminar! I'm very excited - I'm only recently getting into this and don't really anticipate being able to do anything meaningful until I get out of college, but for now I'm happy just to be learning. I also was offered free tickets right after I decided to go! Hooray!!

Yesterday, I had the chance to do something I've been dreaming about for ages - I got to witness the opening and inspection of a beehive! I love love love bees (and honey!) and seeing them all in action was fascinating. They were so organized and so chaotic at the same time - bumbling around while obviously intent on doing their jobs. The queens (there were three hives) were so different and I had fun finding them each time. I'm hoping maybe next year I can get my own hives - beekeeping is definitely a new life goal of mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment